Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chicken Update

Don't worry I'm not going to bore you with another description of my money saving chicken process. But if you haven't read one of the previous post yet, be sure to check it out on how to save tons of money on chicken.

On my latest chicken run though, I stumbled across another way to stretch your chicken dollars even more.

We've talked before about how huge the split chicken breast are and how to take advantage of that when you process your chicken. This time I also ended up pounding the chicken breast that I was freezing whole and it turned each breast into a meal for two and doubling what meals I could make with them.

Seriously, check out the size of this chicken breast! I made sure you could see a little of my hand to give you some size reference. It's huge!


Here are 4 chicken breast that I have pounded flatter. I also show you that they're still a good thickness and not paper-thin.



Each of these will now be a meal for me a Jason. So with 4 breast, we can get 4 meals out of just these. I bought 5 packs of split breast chicken for around $25 and here you can see after my process we ended up with enough chicken for 14 meals plus 2 huge containers of chicken broth to freeze and use for the upcoming holiday meals. Not counting the chicken broth, that makes each meal around $1.78 for the chicken. With the high meat prices right now, that's not too bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment