Sunday, February 5, 2012

Couponing & A Great Publix Trip from 2/3/12

For a while now, I've been off my couponing game. You know the routine, you get sick or super busy and things get pushed to the side. The next thing you know it's weeks down the road and you're behind. I have been trying to get my couponing game back and to also evaluate my strategy and maybe step my game up a little. It's still a work in progress, but a girl has to eat, so off to Publix I go.

Even with all this motivation, I still only have so much time to work on coupons, so you won't see the crazy numbers from me that are seen on the extreme couponing shows, but I do okay and that's enough for me.

My latest trip to Publix was on February 3, 2012 and I was prepared for a decent trip at least. Here are my photos from the trip.



I won't bore you with the list of what I got, but I think the pictures are good enough to see the items well enough.  I ended up paying $71.79 out of pocket and saving $96.03 plus I received a free $10.00 Publix gift card to use next time. Not too shabby, and I was happy with it. Of course, I want to save a little more, but I was still very happy with this trip. I may have even converted a few people to couponing.

The guy behind me in line kept moving closer to me and looking over the counter at my coupons. I thought he was getting angry at the speed of my checkout, so I apologize for it taking a few extra minutes. He didn't say much and started texting. When my final total came up on the screen with the amount I paid and the amount I saved, he leaned over and asked if he could take a picture of the screen! It seems even modest saving still inspire these days. I also had a couple of ladies ask me for couponing information which I am happy to send them.

One of the managers ended up bagging for me (even cheering for my savings total) and taking my groceries to the car. While we walked to the car, we talked about how crazy couponers are ruining it for the average, normal couponer who just wants to save their family money and maybe be able to donate items to charity.

So, if you decide to give couponing a whirl, please be respectful of your stores, their employees, their policies and other couponers. It works out better for everyone in the end if the coupon programs keep going, allowing us to continue to save money for our families and others.

1 comment:

  1. Great shopping trip. I haven't been to Publix in a month. I need to see about going Saturday to get some of the deals. :D I just tagged you in my most recent blog. I would love for you to comment!

    ReplyDelete