Saturday, November 12, 2011

Had a great grocery trip yesterday

I went to Publix yesterday after work and did pretty well if I do say so myself. I worked hard going through my coupons and working on my list the night before (while also watching tv) so I felt ready to do some damage.

I won't bore you with listing all the items that I got (it was a lot) so I took some group and close-up photos to try and show all the items.












Even with 5 pictures, there were still items hidden from view. I've got to learn how to organize for pictures better.

I got everything you see (and the items you can't see) for $105.84. I saved $131.27 or 55.5% using coupons.

True, this isn't the major hauls that you see on the Extreme Couponing television shows but honestly those are so unrealistic. The trip I had was done with only a couple of hours of preparation time and strictly abiding by the store coupon policies, and I still was able to cut more than 50% off my grocery bill. I have read numerous times that the stores change their coupon policies for the person checking out on the reality show. So, even if you tried your hardest, you couldn't match what they've done because of the restrictions of the "normal person" coupon policy. Plus, I don't know about you, but I don't have 30-40 hours per week to put into coupons! I have a life and it doesn't revolve around coupons only.

But I do want to save money and this was something trip was something that could be done by anyone at most stores.

It's nice to be able to contribute to my family's goal of being debt free, add to our financial security and just basically know that if something happens to one of our jobs that we have food on hand and that I have the tools to make the most of what money we do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment