Friday, September 2, 2011

Subdivision Amenities - A Great Deal

Jason and I moved into a neighborhood last year that has homeowner dues that are required to be paid from each lot owner or homeowner. I think at first most people would balk at having to pay yearly to take part in the neighborhood amenities, but when you really look at it, it's a great deal.

Generally the dues in our neighborhood are $300 to $400 yearly but take a look at what we get for that amount.

We have a community swimming pool open to residents and their guest that is taken care of by someone else and comes with nice, resort-style chairs and umbrellas. I don't have to lift a finger to care for this pool, just enjoy it.

We also have a community clubhouse that a homeowner can use free of charge for meetings, parties or other types of gatherings. So, I don't have to super clean my house for a party, I can just use the clubhouse and if it's summer my party can use the pool too!

Our neighborhood has well paved streets with great street lights as well. You would feel perfectly safe biking, walking or running in the early morning or night. But wait, there's more!

We also have a  playground and very nice tennis courts that are taken care of and kept in great condition.

I mean seriously, it would cost me tons more money than the yearly dues just to take care of the pool alone not to mention the time and energy, but we get this plus all the other treats for under $400 a year.

You can't beat that deal and I didn't even need a coupon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment