Thursday, June 23, 2011

Saving up to pay cash for items

Our current computer is starting to show it's age. I think we've had it since 2004 which is about 100 years old in computer years.

So while it's still functions, we've started saving up money to pay cash when it does come time for us to buy a new computer. Sure, we could run out and use the credit card or some of our savings and get a new computer but I would rather not. I really hate seeing balances on our credit card and I really, really hate to use money we have already put into our savings. We are trying very hard to get our mortgage paid off as soon as possible and anything that slows that down makes my irritable.

So, I'm happy to start now setting money aside here and there to be able to pay cash when the time comes that we need to buy the new computer.

Sure, there are times when this just isn't possible. Things will break or tear up and there isn't any time to wait around to save up the money. Hopefully in this case you have some money in savings or money in your emergency fund to tackle the unexpected. I feel like any time you can keep from putting things on credit cards or getting additional loans, you're doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment