Monday, June 13, 2011

CVS, I love you too!

It seems like I have been on a roll lately with CVS also. I went again today at lunch and had another cool trip.


I was able to get what you see in the picture for $21.03 out of pocket, then received $19.00 back in extra care buck. That's like getting this stuff for $2.03. As you can see, I got some great items that we already use and needed. (A little side note, the pure version of the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets that were in the new boxes had 22 sheets instead of the 20 in the other packages, so get those for 2 extra).

I probably could have done multiple transactions to get my out of pocket costs down by using the extra care bucks earned from the previous transaction to pay for the next, but I'm perfectly happy to be out of pocket a little and let the bucks roll! I have a limited amount of time to shop (usually on my lunch hour) and you really can't plan all the multiple transactions before you get to the store since you don't know what they will have and what will be sold out already. Most of the time I don't have the mental focus or time to create the transactions on the fly.

So, I happily paid the $21.03 and now have $19.00 to use for my next trip or for items that I don't have coupons for (I know in a perfect world, there would be wonderful coupons for everything!).

I do have some rain checks (that earn more extra care bucks) from last week that I could use the $19.00 toward to get the items for free and still earn more extra care bucks to keep rolling along.

Just to let you know, I don't do this week after week. It seems to come in waves where I am able to get some really good deals and extra care bucks to roll into the next week, then I'll go a few weeks without even going to CVS until the next wave hits.

Anyone else have some CVS hauls you want to share? I would love to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love getting a whole mess off extra bucks! Makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CVS extra bucks. Just went in last night and had $5 off. YAY! Also, just started using the Purex 3 in 1 and love it so far. So easy!
    We are now following you and would love for you to visit our blog and follow back if you like.

    Thanks!
    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete