Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Modest Stockpile of Items

A lot of people have started watching the new television show "Extreme Couponing" on TLC (myself included) and I wanted to set the record straight that not all extreme couponers practice hoarding. It's one thing to acquire ridiculous amounts of items and then donate to those in need, but it's another to keep more than your family could use in several lifetimes for yourself. I do have stockpiles of items but I try to keep my stock to what we can reasonably use and if I am able to get more, then I donate the extra items.

Trust me, if you get 100 or more bottle of bbq sauce, you're soon going to get tired of it. If you're not hoarding the items, you both leave some of the shelves for other couponers and also help out people in need. Below are pictures of some of my stashes. I store my stockpiles according to category and what part of the house they are more useful instead of one giant wall. No, I don't get giddy or even light-headed when I look at my toilet paper. It's just toilet paper, not the secret of life.


Toilet Paper, Paper Towels and Tissue

More Paper Towels


Some of my extra grocer items


Dishwashing Liquid, Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener


Q-tips, Feminine Items, Body Wash and Deodorant


Shampoo, cotten balls and shaving cream


Mouth wash, toothpaste and razors


Last but not least, plenty of soap.










3 comments:

  1. This is what I want my stock pile to look like!!! I dont want to hoard either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome,

    I am a cuponer and have been quite shocked at the amounts of stuff people have on "Extreme Couponing" its refreshing to see that not everyone is "hoarding" just because they can.

    ReplyDelete