Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Yarbrough Salon

Another way that Jason and I save money is to do almost all of our hair care ourselves at home. I cut Jason's hair and he helps me with coloring mine. I haven't had any training with cutting hair but just dove right in when we got married and for the most part I've done a pretty good job. Yes, we've had a minor mishap or two but nothing that was too bad. You can also get books from the library on cutting hair and there are lots of videos on the internet as well.

I'm not quite ready to give up coloring my hair yet but I will not pay $60 - $100 or more to have someone color my hair when I can do it myself at home. Most of the time I can get hair color for little to no money. I'm sure the product in the salons is better quality that what I get in the stores, but is there honestly a big enough difference that it's worth me spending $100. NOPE! I've never been made fun of because of the results of my doing my own color and have actually gotten complements so I must be doing okay and saving a ton of money.

About the only thing that I do go to a salon for is getting my hair cut. I can't talk Jason into cutting my hair, but I do try to save money on this by not going to the high-priced salons. I'm also growing my hair out now, so I also haven't needed to go to the salon in a while. Maybe if I end up with a simple enough hair style I can talk Jason into trimming it for me. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment