Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crazy Craft Project - How to make a toilet bowl brush holder from 2 liter bottle!

I know this is out there, but I just wanted to see if I could do it and how it would turn out. It does save money however, reuses something that would otherwise be thrown away and can be customize to go with any bathroom decor. So, let's just have fun with it and see what happens.

First, I started with a 2 liter soda bottle.


Next, of course, you remove the label from the bottle unless you want to leave it for texture and paint over it.

From here I decided about where I wanted the top of the holder to be and cut away the rest of the top.


Now the fun part, I chose a simple gloss black spray paint for these and painted the outside of the bottles. It seemed easier to paint them upside down (and less messy too).


And now for the finished product. I decided that I cut off way too much from the top. I should have left more of the curve of the bottle for stability. It literally only took me 5 minutes from start to finish to do this and there is no way that I could have gone to the store and bought one in that amount of time.



Pro and Cons of the project:

Pros:
Cheap to make
Can throw away when it gets gross inside
Can customize to any decor and get very creative with it
Fun project to do with kids

Cons:
May not be for everyone
Cheap if you have the bottle and the paint on hand
Some people may not want to express their creativity with their toilet brush holders.

So there you have it, may be fun for some and a definite NO for others. Honestly, I will probably try it again with a higher top and use it. Maybe I'll even get a little more creative the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment